BIO201 Human Anatomy & Physiol I
Areas of study include cells, tissues, organ systems (integumentary, skeletal, muscular and nervous), and their functional relation to each other. Topics also include the aging process and diseases in these systems, as well as the effects of genetics, diet, lifestyle, and the environment.
- Describe the physiology of cells and cell membranes, including membrane transport processes.
- Explain the structure and function of skin, epithelial membranes, and connective tissue membranes.
- Describe the process of bone formation, growth and function.
- Identify bones and joints of the human skeleton.
- Explain how muscles contract.
- Describe mechanisms of signal transduction by the nervous system, including action potentials and synaptic transmission.
- Describe the anatomy and physiology of the central and peripheral nervous system.
- Explain how the special senses operate.