LIT402 Contemporary Poetry
Lead Faculty: Dr. John J. Miller
A survey of important authors, movements, trends, and critical stances in contemporary poetry, with an emphasis on American poetry.
- Identify major movements/genres in contemporary poetry.
- Examine meaningful questions about contemporary poetry, based on class readings and discussions.
- Appraise the influence of larger political, cultural, and social trends on the development of contemporary poetry.
- Identify scholarship relevant to analyzing contemporary poetry.
- Create original literary analyses of contemporary poetry, incorporating relevant scholarship.