ENG375 Nature Writing
Lead Faculty: Dr. John J. Miller
An advanced course for students interested in using writing as a means of exploring the natural world. This course surveys nature writing in its various forms (essays, articles, poetry, journals, etc.) as well as effective nature writing strategies. This course is designed to give students a basis for future personal creative work.
- Write critically and creatively about nature.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and reading strategies and apply them to their own writing.
- Develop proficiency in editing and revising both their own and other students' work.
- Write an insightful essay, revise and edit it for clarity and style, and submit a finished work suitable for publication.
- Reflect critically on their own work and writing strategies in order to apply them to future personal creative work.