ENG203 Screenwriting I
Lead Faculty: Ms. Amina Cain
An introduction to the writing of feature-length screenplays. Students will learn the elements, formatting, and conventions of successful screenplays, and will learn to produce complete plots and scenes. This course is designed to give students a basis for future personal creative work.
- Analyze published and produced scripts for the purpose of understanding the major constituent elements of a traditional screenplay.
- Identify the individual components of a successful screenplay, including the traditional three-act structure.
- Employ proper screenplay formatting
- Generate a compelling and coherent original plot of the level that would sustain a feature-length film.
- Apply course concepts to produce a complete and compact treatment, which successfully conveys their script idea.
- Apply course concepts to produce a successful and significant sample collection of scenes written in screenplay format.
- Reflect critically on their own work and writing strategies in order to apply them to future personal creative work.