COM402 Communication Technologies
Lead Faculty: Dr. Louis E. Rumpf
Examines communication technologies and their effects on society. Looks at the history of such systems: how they emerged, diffused, and evolved. Covers current systems, with an emphasis on how the Internet and other new platforms are changing media, education, business, and politics around the world.
- Compare the emergence, diffusion, and evolution of communication technologies
- Evaluate the characteristics of current communication technologies
- Analyze the effect of new communication technologies on society, culture, and political dynamics
- Examine how new technologies affect existing audiences, consumers, and media
- Appraise best communication technologies for specific content type delivery
- Assess potential scope and impact of messages delivered through chosen communication technologies
- Create a multiplatform media mix plan for message dissemination.