ARB100 Beginning Arabic I
Lead Faculty: Dr. Shak Hanish
Course DescriptionThis is the beginning course in Modern Standard Arabic (MSA). Elementary skills in the standard communication modes of speaking, reading and listening to Arabic are introduced. The course includes an introduction to the Arabic alphabet and numerals and usage of basic vocabulary.
- Identify characters of the Arabic alphabet.
- Identify modern Arabic numerals.
- Recognize constituent parts of a simple Arabic sentence.
- Demonstrate usage of basic vocabulary.
- Recognize elementary Arabic phrases.