Flexible online and on-base degree programs for U.S. Navy personnel
As a veteran-founded, Navy-friendly college, National University is committed to providing military students with opportunities to pursue their education without putting their lives on hold.
A winner of the prestigious Ray Ehrensberger Award for Institutional Excellence in Military Education, we recognize the unique needs of students in the military, offering over 100 degree programs, certificates, and teacher credentialing programs available online, on over a dozen military bases, or over 20 locations in California and Nevada. With our flexible one-month class format, you can start sooner and finish faster — no matter what military life brings your way.
If you’re serving in the U.S. Navy, you may be eligible for Tuition Assistance (TA), which covers 100 percent of tuition and fees, not to exceed $250 per semester hour and $4,500 annually. On average, undergraduate students save 46 percent on tuition and graduate students save 53 percent with the help of TA, Post-9/11 GI Bill®, and MYCAA.
If you are a Navy veteran, please visit our dedicated page for U.S. military veterans.
Military tuition discounts are available for qualified students, including active-duty servicemembers and their dependents, active Reserve members and their dependents, and National Guard members and their dependents. Learn more about our military tuition discounts.
Why Choose NU?
Here are just a few benefits of enrolling at NU:
- Over 100 undergraduate and graduate programs
- One-month classes offered online, on base, or on location
- Military tuition discount and scholarships for those who qualify
- Credit for military experience, including DANTES tests and American Council on Education credits
- Agreement with SOCNAV, so your coursework is transferable to any other SOC institutions
- Veteran Student Success Center, offering counseling, strategies, and tool to ease the transition to college life
- Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- 24/7 tech support
On-base education is available at the following bases:
- Fleet ASW Training Center Learning Center
- Naval Air Station North Island Learning Center
- Naval Air Weapons Station China Lake Admissions Office
- Naval Base Coronado Learning Center
- Naval Base San Diego Learning Center
- Naval Base Ventura County (NBVC) Navy College Admin Office
- Naval Hospital San Diego Admissions Office
- Naval Submarine Base Admissions Office
Discover your next mission with National University
As a Navy-friendly college and member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC), National provides many benefits to its military students. The SOC network program allows active-duty personnel the opportunity to earn an undergraduate degree online from the University if they are transferred before the completion of their required coursework.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.