Flexible online and on-base degree programs for U.S. Coast Guard personnel
As a veteran-founded, Coast Guard-friendly college, National University is committed to providing military students with opportunities to pursue their education without putting their lives on hold.
A winner of the prestigious Ray Ehrensberger Award for Institutional Excellence in Military Education, we recognize the unique needs of students in the military, offering over 100 degree programs, certificates, and teacher credentialing programs available online, on over a dozen military bases, or over 20 locations in California and Nevada. With our flexible one-month class format, you can start sooner and finish faster — no matter what military life brings your way.
If you’re serving in the U.S. Coast Guard, you may be eligible for Tuition Assistance (TA), which covers 100 percent of tuition and fees, not to exceed $250 per semester hour and $4,500 annually. On average, undergraduate students save 46 percent on tuition and graduate students save 53 percent with the help of TA, Post-9/11 GI Bill®, and MYCAA.
If you are a Coast Guard veteran, please visit our dedicated page for U.S. military veterans.
Military tuition discounts are available for qualified students, including active-duty servicemembers and their dependents, active Reserve members and their dependents, and National Guard members and their dependents. Learn more about our military tuition discounts.
Why Choose NU?
Here are just a few benefits of enrolling at NU:
- Over 100 undergraduate and graduate programs
- One-month classes offered online, on base, or on location
- Military tuition discount and scholarships for those who qualify
- Credit for military experience, including DANTES tests and American Council on Education credits
- Agreement with SOCCOAST, so your coursework is transferable to any other SOC institutions
- Veteran Student Success Center, offering counseling, strategies, and tool to ease the transition to college life
- Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- 24/7 tech support
Discover your next mission with National University
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.