Welcome to the Office of Special Services
Welcome to the Office of Special Services at National University. Extending the opportunities of higher education to individuals with disabilities is a top priority at National University. The Office of Special Services is the office responsible for determining and providing academic accommodations for undergraduate and graduate students with documented disabilities to support students’ academic journey and the fulfillment of students’ educational goals.
Our Mission: Empowering Students with Disabilities
National University’s Office of Special Services, through collaboration with the campus and the community, is committed to empowering students with disabilities and providing equal access to higher education through the provision of academic support services, technology, and advocacy in order to promote students’ retention and graduation.
- To minimize academic and physical barriers for students with disabilities.
- To work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and the campus community to increase disability awareness and cultivate accessible learning environments and experiences for students.
- To promote disability as an integral part of campus diversity.
National University’s Office of Special Services provides a variety of services designed to assist the National University community, including students, faculty and staff. Our Office offers services that allow students with disabilities to participate fully in all facets of the learning experience.
- Students with disabilities are equipped with tools to promote self-advocacy, independence, learning, and goal attainment.
- Faculty and staff are provided resources and guidance to assist with the creation of accessible onsite and online learning experiences that foster engagement and interaction with all students.