NSG697 PMHNP Capstone
Students demonstrate integration of knowledge from the core, core clinical and clinical coursework in the MSN-PMHNP Program. The compilation and interpretation of information from previous courses is demonstrated in a scholarly paper and successfully passing an exam which mirrors the national board certification examination for PMHNPs.
- Utilize research findings to serve as the basis for clinical and organizational decision making.
- Model quality cost-effective care as evidenced by the management of human, fiscal and physical health care resources.
- Examine professional values, ethical principles and legal constraints in the collection of data.
- Utilize a range of theories to develop a comprehensive and holistic approach to care.
- Design comprehensive, culturally sensitive and holistic plans of care that address the health promotion and disease prevention needs of client populations.
- Utilize advanced independent nursing interventions when managing individuals with stable and/or chronic health states
- Demonstrate collaboration with the interdisciplinary health care team in the management of clients with acute or chronic health problems.
- Evaluate outcomes and effectiveness of care based on quality improvement indices and measures.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the utilization of telecommunication technologies, informatics, decision support systems and electronic health record systems in the management and dissemination of health care data and outcomes.