NSG692B Informatics Practicum II
Lead Faculty: Dr. Mary Kracun
Continuation of the experience begun in Practium I, implementing the role of a Nurse Informaticist. The course is designed as a capstone experience which includes project completion, research, and final comprehensive paper. This is the second of the two required practica. Grading is S/U only. Course is eligible for In Progress (IP).
- Implement the role of informatics nurse specialist in a practice setting.
- Design evidence-based practice change projects to improve the quality of data, information and knowledge used to support nursing practice.
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team in an informatics setting in projects designed to support and improve patient safety and care quality care through improvement in clinical information systems.
- Apply informatics theory and research in the practice setting.
- Participate in projects designed to improve the data, information and knowledge available to nurses in healthcare settings.