NSG681 Advanced Physical Assessment
Presents information expanding the student's knowledge base related to current health patterns across the lifespan. Faculty will facilitate the student's acquisition of advanced skills in collecting subjective data and performing an adult physical and mental status examination. Students interpret data acquired through assessment and results of diagnostic studies.
- Synthesize knowledge from nursing science, basic science, social science, and the humanities as a basis for the collection of subjective and objective data.
- Demonstrate advanced skills in the performance of a comprehensive adult health assessment.
- Assess alterations in normal health patterning across the lifespan.
- Interpret data acquired through assessments and the results of laboratory and diagnostic tests.
- Develop differential diagnoses based on collected data.
- Examine professional values, ethical principles, and legal constraints in the collection of data.
- Utilize the principles of teaching/learning when conducting health assessments.
- Apply research findings related to health assessment.