NSG654 Nursing Quality Improvement
Lead Faculty: Dr. Mary McHugh
This course presents the systems approach to principles and methods of healthcare quality management practice, including issues, tools, models, data analysis, strategic planning, continuous quality improvement process, healthcare quality initiatives and standards.
- Describe the development, evolution, basic concepts, tools and methods of quality management and continuous quality improvement in nursing practice.
- Develop strategies, goals and objectives for achieving quality excellence in nursing practice.
- Apply the systems approach to continuous healthcare quality improvement.
- Design, organize and analyze quality data and reports to improve clinical nursing quality, patient safety, risk management, utilization and outcome of care.
- Evaluate decision support tools to document, assess, analyze and solve problems and issues related to healthcare quality.
- Describe and apply Six Sigma to optimize clinical workflow processes and improve efficiencies.
- Analyze EHR Meaningful Use quality indicators and reporting as specified by the centers for Medicare and Medicaid.
- Develop clinical performance measures, including benchmarks and quality standards.