NSG653 Clinical Decision Support
Lead Faculty: Dr. Mary McHugh
This course presents effective strategies for the identification, acquisition, analysis, application and evaluation of clinical decision support (CDS) tools and interventions.
- Identify stakeholders and synthesize their goals and objectives for implementation of Clinical Decision Support (CDS) tools and use.
- Describe and apply advanced knowledge management tools, technologies and applications for CDS.
- Evaluate the impact and effectiveness of CDS interventions on clinical outcomes and make recommendations for improvement.
- Locate, critically evaluate and apply evidence for clinical care decisions that optimize quality at the point of care.
- Apply standardized nomenclature and structured data use for CDS.
- Plan and implement technology to support patient-centric care integrating clinical data.