NSG651 Innovations in Health IT
Lead Faculty: Dr. Mary McHugh
This course introduces technology innovation in healthcare, emphasizing factors necessary to choose and implement the technology.
- Analyze current and emerging trends in the application of health information technology to professional nursing practice.
- Align health IT innovation objectives of nursing practice with the mission and strategic priorities of a health organization.
- Analyze innovation technology value through quality, satisfaction, and cost.
- Develop criteria to evaluate and select health IT applications to meet the needs of multiple stakeholders in the healthcare ecosystem.
- Evaluate and select information technologies and systems for potential implementation.
- Describe and apply risk mitigation strategies.
- Analyze the usefullness and impact of new technology on individuals, patient care operations, staff satisfaction and quality outcomes.
- Describe consumer health informatics, including interactive technologies that empower and engage the patient/health care consumer.