NSG607 EBP for Advanced NSG Practice
Lead Faculty: Dr Mary Kracun
Course DescriptionExploration of types and quality of evidence used to support nursing practice. Study of research designs, measurement tools, and other methods for the safe application of evidence to development of improved care and care systems are emphasized. Identification of an evidence-based scholarly question pertinent to advanced practice nursing.
- Evaluate evidence applicable to nursing practice questions and problems.
- Examine research and evidence based practice study design.
- Evaluate clinical research methods and instruments.
- Examine the benefits and barriers to evidence-based practice.
- Illustrate the models used to promote evidence-based practice.
- Develop a scholarly inquiry topic that will provide foundation for the formation of a thesis or project.
- Evaluate research reports for the purpose of advancing evidence-based nursing practice.