NSG450 Medical Surgical Nursing III
Course DescriptionContinuing examination of the safe patient-centered care and collaborative management of patients with multi-system and complex healthcare needs. An emphasis is placed on refining the use of the nursing process and incorporating evidence based practice. NCLEX preparation and the capstone project are included.
- Relate the pathophysiology of multi-system, complex diseases to expected assessment findings.
- Describe multi-system and complex health care adult health problems to plan safe nursing care based on current evidence.
- Interpret diagnostic tests and therapeutic interventions used in the nursing care of the adult patient.
- Formulate a patient-centered plan of care employing nursing judgment.
- Participate in NCLEX preparation that will provide practice in the analysis of NCLEX style questions.