NSG445 Quality Improvement/Proj Mgmt
Lead Faculty: Dr. Rebecca Dahlen
Course DescriptionThis course introduces the concepts, techniques, strategies and metrics of quality improvement in nursing. Patient care quality and safety in the context of structure, process and outcomes in healthcare delivery are explored. Identification of improvement opportunities, action plan development and outcomes evaluation through use of project management strategies are addressed.
- Explain methods by which quality improvement projects enhance patient safety
- Employ the tools of process improvement theory to understand the meaning of different types of variation in clinical metrics
- Use best evidence, measurement standards, and benchmarks to determine the stability of patient care systems, processes, and outcomes
- Apply project management skills to plan a clinical quality improvement project
- Explore common performance measures of nurse sensitive indicators that are used to monitor the quality of patient care