NSG315 Pediatric Nursing
Lead Faculty: Ms. Jenna Scarafone
Continuing examination of the family as a unit, this course focuses on the health care needs of families with children. Emphasis is placed on the variations in health care due to behavioral, life cycle, genetic, cultural, and environmental factors. Concurrent enrollment in NSG 315A is required unless approved
by the Department Chair.
- Describe basic concepts, practices, and issues which affect the family with children and apply this knowledge to oneandapos;s clinical practice safely and correctly.
- Describe the physiologic changes of childhood and relate these changes to their health care needs.
- Identify the psychological changes which occur during childhood and relate these changes to these health care needs of the child and family.
- Identify the social, cultural and spiritual factors which influence the child and family health care experience.
- Describe the impact of environmental factors in care of the child and family.
- Identify current research findings which have implications for the care of the child and family.