DNP840B Informatics Practicum II
Lead Faculty: Dr. Cheryl Ahern-Lehmann
Continued practice experience with expert Informatics mentor. Continue to develop Informatics Specialist competencies, and complete learning contract goals. This course is 200 hours in length. Grading is by S or U only. This course is eligible for an IP grade.
- Develop increasing competence, confidence, and independence in the role of Informatics Specialist.
- Analyze critical elements necessary to the selection, use and evaluation of health care information systems and patient care technology.
- Evaluate adequacy of clinical systems that support patient care, patient quality and safety, and support the operations of the clinical agency.
- Track healthcare trends, predict futures, and recommend policies through the use of informatic tools.
- Plan strategies for implementing evidence-based practice protocols in the healthcare setting.
- Collaborate effectively with others to improve practice through implementation of evidence-based protocols.
- Provide leadership and consultation in the resolution of ethical and legal issues within healthcare systems relating to the use of information, information technology, communication networks, and patient care technology.