DNP807A QI & Project Management
Lead Faculty: Dr. Cheryl Ahern-Lehmann
Analysis of conceptual frameworks, models of Quality Improvement (QI) and Project Management (PM) prepare DNP students to direct healthcare projects. Application of QI and PM studies to change practice and policy emphasized. Current PM systems used in clinical management, administration, change management and policy covered.
- Apply the analytical/statistical tools of Quality Improvement science to Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control (DMAIC) health care quality, organizational performance, and clinical outcomes.
- Apply principles and practices of project management science to plan a clinical quality improvement project.
- Apply Total Quality Management (TQM) metrics to measure and track organizational and clinical performance.
- Translate cost benchmarks into process metrics, and deploy to promote quality and safety while controlling costs of patient care delivery.
- Continually appraise structure, proccess and outcomes data in comparison with national guidelines and benchmarks to continuously improve quality and safety of patient care delivery systems.