RTT 455 Medical Dosimetry
Content is designed to examine factors that influence and govern clinical planning of patient treatment. This encompasses isodose distributions, influence of beam modification, radiobiologic considerations, dosimetric calculations and clinical application of radiation. Electromagnetic and particulate beams as well as advanced and emerging technologies are covered.
- Calculate doses manually for given clinical situations.
- Apply characteristics of photon, electron and particulate beams to treatment planning in given clinical situations.
- Accurately interpret graphs and charts containing machine data.
- Given the following factors, describe the effects of various treatment parameters:
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages between TSD and TAD treatments.
- Describe the purpose of field weighting.
- Explain the effects of irregularly shaped fields on dose.
- Explain the effects of tissue inhomogeneities.
- Given any clinical situation, calculate the absorbed dose to a point of interest.
- Using a treatment planning computer, develop treatment plans for commonly seen cancers.