IHC 615 Fundamentals of Health Coachin
Lead Faculty: Dr. Patric M. Schiltz
Coaching fundamentals, including: coaching models, relationships, contexts, principles and practices. Students will demonstrate learning through reading of primary texts, virtual discussions of ideas presented in readings and related websites, and application of material via written work. Students will related past experiences to their future role as health coach.
- Demonstrate deepened listening skills.
- Evaluate coaching models and methods.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the coach/client relationship.
- Understand the connection between listening , story telling, nonverbal messages, and processing for meaning.
- Recognize how the use of coaching tools can target and facilitate growth in their coaching clients.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply health coaching tools to increase client fulfillment.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply health coaching tools to increase client balance.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply health coaching tools to increase client process.
- Combine listening, intuition, curiosity, and forward and deepening, to expand empathic accuracy for improved communication in their coaching practice.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the use of self management as a coach.
- Demonstrate an understanding of coaching the 'whole person.'
- Define the connections between culture and belief systems.
- Recognize how to use self awareness tools to facilitate personal development and growth in self and in coaching clients.