CLS 401 Quantitative Analysis
Lead Faculty: Mr. Philip Payne
Study of established methods and instrumentation used in chemical analysis including titration, extraction, chromatography, spectroscopy, buffers, electrochemistry and kinetic methods.
- List 4 physical properties used in analytical measurements, including one advantage and one disadvantage for each.
- Outline the steps involved in chromatographic separation including sample preparation, choice of solvent and extraction techniques.
- Describe the process of molecular spectroscopy, including electromagnetic radiaton, UV vs absorption spectroscopy, and molecular fluorescence.
- Discuss fundamental chemical and physical concepts that underlie analytical methods.
- Create a strategy for the quantification of an analyte, given its physical and chemical properties.