CIH670 Integrated Healing Modalities
Course DescriptionA series of global healing modalities will be examined throughout this course. One key healing practice includes ayurvedic medicine and the role of doshas, causes of disharmonies and diseases, and treatment methods. Building on these healing traditions is a major section on Chinese medicine which includes accupuncture and the use of herbs. Other practices such as shamanism, Native American medicine will also be a learning element. Mind-Body practices will be reviewed.
- Examine the historical, philosophical, and cultural basis of various healing modalities.
- Compare the healing philosophy in Western medicine and traditional Chinese medicine.
- Compare the healing philosophy in Western medicine and ayurvedic medicine.
- Differentiate culturally embedded healing practices across societies throughout the world.
- Assess the use and outcome of these various modalities.