Specialization in Health Promotion
Lead Faculty: Dr. Gina Piane
The specialization in Health Promotion will prepare MPH students for leadership positions in health promotion, health education and health enhancement. The program emphasizes the planning, implementation and evaluation of community-wide prevention programs. The pursuit of social justice and global health are overarching concepts throughout the MPH program.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Assess individual and community needs for health education.
- Plan health education strategies, interventions, and programs.
- Implement health education strategies, interventions, and programs.
- Conduct evaluation related to health education.
- Administer health education strategies and interventions.
- Serve as a health education resource person.
- Communicate and advocate for health and health education.
- Apply appropriate research principles and techniques in health education.