HTM214 Quality Improvement
Lead Faculty: Dr. Tyler Smith
Introduces the concepts of health IT and practice workflow redesign as instruments of quality improvement. How to establish a culture that supports increased quality and safety. Presents approaches to assessing patient safety issues and implementing quality management and reporting through electronic systems.
- Describe concepts and measures of healthcare quality and patient safety.
- Describe quality management tools and practices including Six Sigma.
- Describe organizational metrics for evaluating administrative and clinical quality.
- Explain the principles and processes of continuous quality improvement.
- Describe how health information technology and systems can be used to improve the quality of administrative and clinical processes and outcomes in a healthcare organization.
- Develop a plan for improving the quality of administrative and clinical processes and outcomes in a healthcare organization.