HTM212 Electronic Health Records
Lead Faculty: Dr. Tyler Smith
Lecture and laboratory to introduce, select, configure and assess electronic health record (EHR) systems that meet the specific needs of small to medium sized healthcare providers and the introduction of Meaningful Use.
- Define and compare an electronic health record, electronic medical record and personal health record.
- Describe “Meaningful Use“ of an EHR system and the federal guidelines for achieving Meaningful Use
- Describe the ways in which the implementation of an EHR system could impact the workflow of a small to medium size healthcare organization.
- Describe the criteria that should be used in the selection and purchase of an EHR system for a small to medium sized healthcare organization.
- Describe the steps for converting a small to medium size healthcare organization from paper-based health records to an EHR system.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively use and teach others to use an EHR system.
- Describe the application of personal health records (PHR) for care coordination, wellness, disease management, and healthcare social networking.