HTM200L Health Information Systems Lab
Lead Faculty: Dr. Tyler Smith
Health information laboratory where vendor systems are introduced and compared. Students will work with simulated systems or real systems with simulated data; experience threats to security and appreciate the need for standards, high levels of usability, and how errors can occur.
- Describe the processes for the selection, implementation and evaluation of health information technologies and systems.
- Compare the leading vendors of health information technology and health information systems for clinical and administrative applications.
- Demonstrate the effective use of clinical health information systems and their ability to interoperate.
- Demonstrate the effective use of administrative health information systems.
- Describe threats to the security, confidentiality, integrity, authenticity and control of health information technology and health information systems.