HTM200 Health Information Systems
Lead Faculty: Dr. Tyler Smith
Development of IT systems in health care and public health. Introduction to health IT standards, health-related data structures, health information exchange, software applications; enterprise architecture in health care and public health organizations.
- Describe the major types of healthcare data and information that are captured or used or both in a healthcare organization.
- Describe sources of healthcare data and the challenges associated with measuring and ensuring healthcare data quality.
- Explain clinical and administrative health information systems.
- Explain the core technologies that support healthcare information systems.
- Identify the major types of healthcare information standards and the organizations that develop or approve them.
- Describe health information exchange, regional health information networks, and the nationwide health information network.