HCA405 Basic HA Budgeting & Finance
Lead Faculty: Dr. Suzanne Evans
Course DescriptionFundamentals of healthcare financial management and budgeting, including financial organization of healthcare services, sources of operating revenues, management of working capital, and allocation, control, and analysis of resources.
- Describe the role of the manager in health care financial management.
- List private and public sources of fiscal resources and controls.
- Explain budgeting strategies in healthcare organizations.
- Name key operating indicators of various healthcare organizations.
- Discuss sources of operating revenues for healthcare organizations.
- Identify methods for allocation, control, and analysis of financial resources.
- Compare management and budgeting methods used in a variety of healthcare organizations.