COH621 PH Aspects of Drug Addiction
Lead Faculty: Dr. Gina Piane
Substance use disorders examined from the public health perspective. Prevention and treatment of substance use disorders to reduce deaths, disability and human suffering in communities.
- Differentiate among primary, secondary and tertiary prevention of substance use disorders
- Critique behavioral and environmental risk factors for substance use disorders
- Generate various approaches to prevention and treatment of substance use disorders
- Hypothesize theorectical frameworks for prevention of substance use disorders
- Create substance abuse disorder prevention programs by applying Public Health strategies