MUL462 Digital Audio Creation
Lead Faculty: Mr. Brian J Arnold
An advanced course in computer-aided digital audio creation used in CD, DVD, video, and Web authoring. Students learn basic music theory and composition practices applied to digital audio production, utilizing professional software tools used in the field, as well as hardware applications such as MIDI controllers. Covers file management and compression for specific delivery mediums. Software instruction is in Adobe Audition, Acid Pro, and Pro Tools.
- Create active and interactive content with graphics, animation, sound and video using media authoring software.
- Describe and implement the phases of media production, from the initial planning to the final delivery of a professional product.
- Develop a personal vision in the creation of original multimedia content.
- Examine current trends and key technologies in the media industry.
- Explain the legal and ethical issues related to media production and distribution.