MUL440 Multimedia Design for the Web
Lead Faculty: Mr. Brian J Arnold
Intermediate Web page authoring and site design. Students compile graphics, animation and text to produce sites that demonstrate e-business, entertainment and distance education uses of the Internet. Students apply aesthetic and usability criteria to websites developed according to industry practice. Software instruction is in Macromedia Dreamweaver. Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) curriculum included.
- Design a website, using storyboards and flowcharts of navigation.
- Identify major components of website development life cycle and manage the project to its successful launch.
- Conduct usability testing of websites.
- Identify technological constraints on website design.
- In Macromedia Dreamweaver, demonstrate proficiency in embedding objects, applying behaviors, and constructing frames, layers, and nested tables.