MUL410 Authoring Corporate Training I
Lead Faculty: Mr. Brian J Arnold
Provides an introduction to instructional design for corporate training through e-learning and multimedia. Students evaluate digital training packages according to instructional design theory and learn multimedia authoring skills to apply to instructional modules they produce. Covers learning theories, authoring tools, multimedia development and usability criteria applied to instructional media. Software instruction is in Macromedia Authorware.
- Identify the stages of instructional design.
- Conduct flow-chart analyses of learner and task.
- Identify the technological and human constraints of computer-based instruction.
- Conduct usability testing of interactive instructional media.
- In Macromedia Authorware, demonstrate proficiency in basic design tools and palettes.