CYB606 Net Defense & Countermeasures
Lead Faculty: Dr. Ronald Gonzales
An introduction to network security including types of attacks. Firewalls are considered and intrusion detection systems, Efforts considered to enhance security include encryption, virtual private networks, and operating system hardening. Defending against network born security attacks is also examined. Security policies, standards and computer-based espionage are also topics.
- Evaluate Network Security including firewall issues, IDS and VPNs.
- Evaluate Types of Attacks
- Evaluate Encryption
- Evaluate Operating System Hardening
- Evaluate Defenses against Virus Attacks, Trojan Horses and spyware.
- Evaluate Security Policies and the assessment of a system.
- Evaluate Security Standards
- Analyze Computer-based Espionage and Terrorism