CSC208 Calculus for Comp. Science I
Lead Faculty: Dr. Alireza Moztarebi Farahani
(Cross-listed and equivalent to MTH220)
Focus on differential and integral calculus with applications. Topics include limits and continuity, derivatives, standard rules of differentiation including chain rule, exponential and logarithmic forms, curve sketching, definition of anti-derivative; integration rules including substitution and by parts, coverage of Fundamental Theorem of Calculus and a brief exposure to numeric integration. Students
may not receive credit for both CSC 208 and MTH 220.
- Compute limit of a function of one variable.
- Discuss continuity of a function at a point.
- Compute derivative of standard functions such as polynomial, exponential, and logarithmic functions.
- Apply variety of integration techniques in computing anti-derivates.
- Explain and apply Fundamental Theorem of Calculus.
- Apply integrals in finding area of regions.
- Compute integrals numerically.