CIS620A Masterandapos;s Research Project I
Lead Faculty: Dr. Patrick Olson
Course DescriptionThis course is the first part of the masterandapos;s research project. It focuses on the research and selection of an appropriate topic related to information systems. Students develop the project in a three-to-five member group and utilize skills previously acquired in their respective core curriculum. This is a regular one-month course. Grading is H, S, or U only.
- Demonstrate management concepts in the administration of information system functions in organizations.
- Exhibit project management skills including development, planning, and budgeting of a new system.
- Analyze the informational needs of an organization.
- Evaluate information system strategies and policies.
- Compare and contrast Information System project management methodologies.
- Apply information system resource management and problem solving.