CIS620A Master's Research Project I
Lead Faculty: Dr. Patrick Olson
This course is the first part of the master's research project. It focuses on the research and selection of an appropriate topic related to information systems. Students develop the project in a three-to-five member group and utilize skills previously acquired in their respective core curriculum. This is a regular one-month course. Grading is H, S, or U only.
- Demonstrate management concepts in the administration of information system functions in organizations.
- Exhibit project management skills including development, planning, and budgeting of a new system.
- Analyze the informational needs of an organization.
- Evaluate information system strategies and policies.
- Compare and contrast Information System project management methodologies.
- Apply information system resource management and problem solving.