CIS601 Information Systems Strategies
Lead Faculty: Dr. Rell Snyder
Exploration of the merger of Information Systems with legal, ethical, cultural, human resources, business philosophies and organizational structures. Learn the strategic role IS professionals play in the modern work-place environment and the role telecommunications plays in the modern work place, networked environment.
- Compare and contrast management responsibilities in the administration of information system functions in organizations.
- Evaluate and justify the need for an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and adopt strategies for integrating the system.
- Differentiate and compare the management of system development, planning, and budgeting.
- Investigate and translate information system strategies and policies.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of systems planning and project management methodologies.
- Integrate ethical, legal, and social issues when adopting information system policies.