CIS416 Database Administration
Lead Faculty: Dr. Mudasser Fraz Wyne
Designed to give the Oracle database administrator (DBA) a firm foundation in basic administrative tasks. Through instructor-led learning, structured hands-on practices and challenge-level exercise labs, the DBA will gain the necessary knowledge and skills to set up, maintain and troubleshoot an Oracle7 or Oracle8 database.
- Describe Architectural Components of Oracle 10.
- Use Administration Tools in Oracle 10 to create data dictionary views and standard packages.
- Diagram storage structure and relationships.
- Describe methods to manage temporary segments, instances, indexes, rollback segments, tables, users, profiles, privileges, and roles.
- Describe how to maintain data integrity, use clusters and index-organized tables.
- Demonstrate loading and reorganizing data.