CIS340 Data Communications
Lead Faculty: Dr. Mudasser Fraz Wyne
Covers in detail all the critical technical areas in data communications, wide-area networking, local area networking, and protocol design. The focus is on current technology of the data and computer communications field. Emphasis is on both the fundamental principles as well as the critical role of performance in driving protocol and network design.
- Identify and discuss the basic components of data communications, data networking, and the Internet.
- Describe protocol architecture, TCP/IP, and Internet-based applications.
- Explain data transmission, guided and wireless transmission.
- Analyze and describe Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN).
- Evaluate communications architecture and protocols.
- Describe digital encoding techniques and digital data communication techniques.