ANA655 Data Warehouse Design & Devel
Lead Faculty: Dr. Jodi Reeves
A course on how to design and develop a data warehouse application for “big data”. Topics include user requirement collection, dimensional modeling, ETL (Extraction, Transformation, Loading) procedures, information access and delivery, as well as the optimization and long-term maintenance of a data warehouse.
- Assess the building blocks of a data warehouse.
- Evaluate trends in data warehousing to monitor, optimize, and maintain performance.
- Evaluate the requirements, architectural components, infrastructure, the role of meta data, and the importance of data quality in data warehouse design.
- Analyze ETL procedures in data warehouse applications.
- Design a pilot data warehouse.