ANA650 Database Design for Analytics
Lead Faculty: Dr. Jodi Reeves
Course DescriptionAnalysis of database design and implementation for analytical applications in "big data." Topics include requirements collection, conceptual and logical database design, normalization, an introduction to SQL, and the designing of a data mart.
- Assess the database development process in the context of the System Development Life Cycle.
- Integrate components and characteristics of conceptual and logical database designs.
- Evaluate database schemata based on application requirements.
- Implement and manipulate database using Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Design a data mart for analytic applications.