WCM604 Coding and Modulation for W/C
Lead Faculty: Dr. Shekar Viswanathan
This course describes the coding and modulation techniques, and comparative studies of different coding and decoding schemes including Trellis and Turbo coding. Studies of different modulation formats and their effects on wireless channels, analysis of different modulation schemes applied to the current wireless standards.
- Understand modern digital wireless communications systems.
- Gain knowledge of current wireless communications networks and standards deployed around the world.
- Recognize physical limitations that affect the performance of the wireless communications channel.
- Model the mobile radio propagation channel and understand the parameters that affect its performance.
- Analyze the different techniques and tradeoffs used to increase the wireless networks quality and overall capacity.