SSE605 Chemical Plant Process Safety
Lead Faculty: Dr. Shekar Viswanathan
Provides an overview of safety evaluation of a chemical and mechanical engineering plants. Introduction to concepts such as process hazards checklists, hazards surveys, hazards and operability studies and risk assessment techniques using probability theory, event trees, and fault trees.
- Describe what chemical safety is and how to assess it.
- Conduct accidental/man made release to chemicals into atmosphere.
- Perform hazards identification through hazards and operability studies.
- Conduct risk assessment through probability theory, event trees and fault trees.
- Perform accident investigations and develop risk mitigation strategies.