PME602 Skills Management
Lead Faculty: Dr. Shekar Viswanathan
Focus on modern concepts and practical guidelines for leading people effectively and confidently towards challenging project and organizational objectives. The concepts behind dealing with diverse project teams, issues of delegation, empowerment, accountability, control, commitment, organizational linkages, alliances and intricacies of matrix management will be studied.
- Articulate the role of the HR discipline in formulating and implementing strategic business objectives and goals.
- Implement correct principles of EEO and employees relations to create an employment atmosphere of fairness and job-related standard.
- Describe the methods for determining job content and job fit in successful work-flow models.
- Identify recruitment and selection methods designed to accurately meet the short-term and long-term staffing needs of the organization.
- Assess and develop training and development systems to maximize employee and team work success.
- Manage and evaluate employee performance correctly.
- Describe and implement employee compensation and motivation plans to maximize successful job performance.
- Articulate the importance of and the components of a balanced compensation program that rewards positive employee behaviors.
- Describe and apply correct principles of union-management relations.
- Describe the challenges of applying HR policies and practices to a global workforce.