EEC620 Network Systems & Security
Lead Faculty: Dr. Mohammad Amin
Course DescriptionThe course analyzes modern network systems and data transfer methods through high speed networks for both wire-connected and wireless systems. The course evaluates ethics, security, and privacy issues involved in voice and data communications systems. The fundamentals of ensuring confidentiality, integrity, availability, and non-reputability will be studied. Students will also analyze various types of identification, authentication, encryption, and decryption protocols.
- Analyze the ethical aspects in communication systems
- Contrast standard network system and wireless network system
- Evaluate the common types of threats to information systems.
- Compare the major Policy and Architectural Models for IT Security Management
- Apply security and encryption techniques to real business applications
- Analyze steps for recovery, including policies, technologies and products.