CEN320 Surveying, Metrics and GIS
Lead Faculty: Dr. Dirk Epperson
Course DescriptionLand and topographic surveying with global position systems and geographic information systems (GIS). Fundamentals of distance, leveling angles, theodolites, transverse surveys and computations. Hands-on with ArcView GIS to understand the basic GIS concepts and applications in land planning.
- Understand the fundamentals of surveying.
- Explain the principles of distance measuring and leveling.
- Apply the principles of surveying and theodolites.
- Perform transverse surveys and computations.
- Apply the principles of surveying in building construction.
- Demonstrate knowledge of GIS and ArcView.