Specialization in Advanced Instructional Literacy
Program Learning Outcomes
- AIL Specialization Outcome: Create an evidence-based personalized teaching growth plan that guides the candidate’s path to being an inspired educator.
- AIL Specialization Outcome: Plan optimal learning environments that support individual and collaborative learning which foster self-reliance, positive social interaction, active engagement in learning, and the development of a community of learners.
- AIL Specialization Outcome: Evaluate a variety of research-based instructional approaches and tools of learning and assessment to determine appropriate alignments.
- AIL Specialization Outcome: Produce an instructional practice action research proposal that informs the candidate’s personalized teaching growth plan.
Requirements for the Specialization (4 courses; 18 quarter units)
- AIL 620 Learner Literacy
- AIL 622 Organizing Learning
- AIL 624 Expert Instruct Lit Approach
- AIL 626 Instructional Literacy Port.