Specialization in Advanced Digital Literacy
The MS in Advanced Educator Practices Digital Literacy Specialization is designed for educators to gain knowledge, skills, and experience in digital literacy to: a) use technology to improve student learning and achievement and b) to develop and serve as digital literacy leaders: coaches, student advocates, and change agents.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Specialization Learning Outcome: Analyze current classroom digital classroom practice in light of research and evidence-based instructional design for the digital classroom.
- Specialization Learning Outcome: Critique a variety of resources and appropriate uses for digital based educational software and tools to include games, websites, social media, virtual reality and Maker Spaces.
- Specialization Learning Outcome: Evaluate the impact of digital based educational software on student learning.
- Specialization Learning Outcome: Evaluate the strengths, weaknesses and challenges of designing and teaching for online environments and accommodating different mobile devices.
- Specialization Learning Outcome: Create a digital literacy evaluation plan, as appropriate to students, classroom, school, district and/or community.