Specialization in Advanced Digital Literacy
Program Learning Outcomes
- Specialization Learning Outcome: Analyze current classroom digital classroom practice in light of research and evidence-based instructional design for the digital classroom.
- Specialization Learning Outcome: Critique a variety of resources and appropriate uses for digital based educational software and tools to include games, websites, social media, virtual reality and Maker Spaces.
- Specialization Learning Outcome: Evaluate the impact of digital based educational software on student learning.
- Specialization Learning Outcome: Evaluate the strengths, weaknesses and challenges of designing and teaching for online environments and accommodating different mobile devices.
- Specialization Learning Outcome: Create a digital literacy evaluation plan, as appropriate to students, classroom, school, district and/or community.
Students in this program will have a Bachelor's Degree and experience in teaching/training. Some students will have teaching credentials for Pre-K-12 schools, however a credential is not a requirement.
Requirements for the Specialization (4 courses; 18 quarter units)
- ADL 630 Instrctnl Dsgn for Dig Envrnmt
- ADL 632 Instrctnl Devmnt and Eval
- ADL 634 Online and Mobile Learning
- ADL 636 Assmnt & Eval in Dig Classroom